General Building Contractor License: 391305
PO Box 402, Inverness, CA 94937 (415) 669-1555
2015 Appointed to Marin County Architectural Commission
2012 International Passive House Tradesman, PHI, Dublin, Ireland
2011 Certified Building Analyst Professional, Building Performance Institute, New York
2009 Certified Green Building Professional, Build It Green, Oakland, California
Member: iPHa and Passive House California (PHCA) since 2009
TEACHING / PRESENTATIONS:
Have given courses and seminars on deep air sealing, Passive House shell theory, advanced framing, and high performance building at colleges and professional forums. Attendees have included architects, planners, contractors, undergraduate and graduate students focusing on environmental studies, energy management and building science. Venues have included:
- Sonoma State University—High Performance Building Presenter
- Laney Community College—Air Sealing without Foam
- Skyline Community College—Advanced Air Sealing
- Monterey Builders Exchange—Advanced Air Sealing
- Build it Green Forums
- Passive House California, Workshops on Air Sealing
- Pacific Energy Center classes—Co-presenter, High Performance Envelopes
- 2011 Build It Green Conference speaker
- 2012 Affordable Comfort Institute Conference—Passive House
- Laney Community College, Air Sealing for Architects and Builders
- 2014 Affordable Comfort Institute Conference, Advanced Air Sealing
- Presenter/speaker for JLC Live, Jan 2014, Conference in Portland Oregon: Air Sealing for Builders and Architects and Passive House and the Future of Building
- Presenter at AIBD conference, Advanced Air Sealing and Deep Energy Retrofits of Attics and Crawlspaces
- Presenter at ACI Conference, 2015 Sacramento CA, – Attics and Crawlspaces and Advanced Air Sealing
- Presenter at JLC Live, 2015 Portland OR, Attics and Crawlspaces and Advanced Air Sealing
- Presenter at Building Carbon Zero, 2015 Palo Alto CA, Retrofit Air Sealing to 0.6 ACH 50
- Presenter at Dry Climate Forum, Feb 2016, Yosemite, CA, Progressive Air Sealing
- Presenter at HPC in Portland OR, Jan 23, 2016, Mastering Retrofit Air Sealing
- Presenter/teacher at PG&E energy centers, San Francisco, Stockton, Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, 2016-2017 Air Sealing to Meet ZNE goals
- Presenter at HPC in Nashville National Conference, March 19th 2017, Air Sealing to achieve Zero Net Energy goals
- Presenter at Build it Green conference, San Mateo, CA. June, 2017, Mastering Retrofit Air Sealing
Nordbye, Terry: “Cost Effective Energy Retrofit” Journal of Light Construction, August, 2011.
Nordbye, Terry: “Passive House,” Journal of Light Construction, April, 2011.
Nordbye, Terry: “Air Sealing” Journal of Light Construction, January, 2011.
Nordbye, Terry: “Air Sealing Without Foam” Journal of Light Construction, May, 2013.
James, Mary, “A Community Effort Creates Affordable Housing” in Recreating the American Home: The Passive House Approach, Low Carbon Productions, 2010.
Nordbye, Terry: “Sequential Energy Upgrades” Home Energy Magazine, December, 2014.
Nordbye, Terry: “Search for thermal Comfort” Home Energy Magazine.
Nordbye, Terry: “Are we ready for better buildings?” Home Energy Magazine.
Nordbye, Terry: “Attics and Crawlspaces” Jan/Feb 2016 Home Energy Magazine.
Nordbye, Terry: “Whole House Liquid Air Sealing” Oct 2017 Journal of Light Construction.